So as you may have noticed, I have not been writing on this thing as much; partly because I am really busy, and partly because since I am in the classroom everyday, I am running out of monumental experiences to talk about on daily basis. You see, I don't want this to be a diary where I simply report what I do each day, I prefer it to be a platform to share what I am learning. As I always tell my students, one of the best ways to learn is to read.
Another reason I don't write on here as regularly is I have a lack of free time. Between my class and my teaching and working, I really only have time to watch a couple of TV shows a week and maybe take a nap. Recently an Ed professor explained to me the importance of taking time for yourself, to relax and sort of center yourself.
So this brings me to my new idea for this blog. Aside from writing about my classroom, I am also going to use this space to tell you about learning I am doing through reading. Now because I don't have a lot of money, I am going to do what I call green books. You see my book shelf has at least 20 books on that I have not read; in fact its probably more like 30-40. So I am going to take the time to read nightly and reflect on what I have read on this blog. I am also going to open this up to my friends on facebook and see if they want to join my green books movement; and I encourage you all to do it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment