It's inevitable. We all know it's coming, yet it's still funny every time we see that dam coyote chase the road runner off the ledge, look at camera, sigh and drop to what we can only assume is his death. I for one would like to refrain from laughing at our poor coyote friend, and do what few people do enough: salute him. You see there are two things about Wile that I think are worth pointing out : his ability to keep running even after he's over the ledge and the fact he never accepts defeat. Think about it, he's out in mid air and he just keeps running, In fact he doubles his efforts. He runs faster and faster. Eventually he falls, but he does not dies; he gets up and starts chasing that dam bird again.
Teaching is tough. I'm three days in and I'm beat. Granted in those three days I have had to proctor and grade a test and deal with a substitute. Now don't get me wrong, it's not the substitute thats the problem. Its the fact that in 8th grade math, substitute + student teacher< a real teacher. But overall there wasn't a whole lot problems. Its just a lot of work. Waking up at 5, teaching all day, staying there till four doing lesson plans and then coming home to do more work. Overall I'm just tired. But here's the thing. Passion is better than red bull. It's definitely harder to create a classroom community than I thought. You come out of a college class that tells you all kinds methods and you think you're invincible. But these are real kids, and change doesn't happen over night. Were moving in the right direction though. We did an activity concerning core values today and it was really awesome to hear kids share what it most important to them and where those values came from.
It's scary when you don't know how things are going to come together. But I have faith that they will. And until they do, I'm going to take a page out of Mr. Coyotes book and keep my feet moving. Also I'm going to sleep like all day Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment